Not using local 'Config Store' list when browsing with a "Reader"

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:28 PM
Edited Jan 15, 2010 at 12:30 PM

When I'm browsing the site with a user that do not have any access to the Config store list, it seems to me that the local "Config Store" at some Team Site Collection is not used. The config store simply revert back to the Config Store defined in the Portal (the one defined in the web.config appSetttings).

The problem seems to be because the code are elevating with SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges but still read from SPContext.Current.Site (that is still in context of the user) in the method attemptGetLocalConfigStoreListFromContext() when trying to get the local Config store list.
When ever a user do not have access to that list, it fails and revert back to the Global List.

/keutmann

May 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Hi,

I think I found the problem with readers unable to read even with RunWithElevatedPrivileges. It is an anonymous permissions conflict.

The anonymouspermmask and anonymouspermmask64 had mask instead an empty mask. On configstore list settings the anonymous is disabled yet the list had perm mask. To solve this set anonymous, say for view, then hit ok. Then remove anonymous again. It should work.

Regards