Config store and SharePoint Workflows

Jan 15, 2009 at 5:30 PM
Hi Chris

First of all thanks for the great idea and implementation of Config store.
I am using it, in the past six months and works very nice... Few days ago, for the first time I've implemented it in one of my custom share point workflows. Everything works fine until the workflow goes to sleep and it's persisted in database (using a DelayActivity). After the workflow is awak, if you try to use the Config store to get some needed value from the list exception is thrown:

To use the Config Store where no SPContext is present, you must specify the URL of the parent site collection for the 'config' web in application config. If you are using the Config Store outside of your SharePoint web application e.g. a console app, your console app will require an app.config file with the required settings. The value should be stored in an appSettings key named 'ConfigSiteUrl'.

Can this problem be somehow solved, taking in consideration that the workflow after first persistence (talking only about SharePoint workflows) it is runned with Timer Job (OWSTIMER.EXE) which does not have app.config file assosiated?

Thanks
Coordinator
Jan 15, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Hi Zokizlatanov,

I think your options are:

• Add an owstimer.exe.config file in the same place as the owstimer.exe file, and add a 'ConfigSiteUrl' appSettings key.
  • Add a 'ConfigSiteUrl' appSettings key to machine.config

Both should work I think.

HTH,

Chris.